Kloodle is a Data Processor in many use cases under the GDPR. However, we look to take responsibility for the way we handle data and our own ethos is to always be transparent and ask for permission. We will always act in the best interests of our users. The measures outlined below give you control over your content on Kloodle. If you feel you need more??please email me email@example.com. Well accommodate your needs.
The GDPR is new data protection legislation coming into force in the EU on the 25th May 2018. The main principles of the GDPR are: –
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data;
We have always tried to approach data with many of the principles above in mind. GDPR has formalised this attitude. Heres some of the steps weve taken.
New privacy notices
We have a number of new privacy notices dotted around the site at each pint we collect information off a user. We have a popup that appears on sign up to gather user preferences
As well as notices when users post items such as a blog
or profile information such as achievements
We also have included the ability to change each of these preferences in your settings.
Users can now extract their data by using our data download button on their profile
Our servers have historically been located in Germany. We are in the process of migrating these to UK Fast. We feel this gives us greater control over our infrastructure and protects our users more effectively.
We have also conducted a data audit of Kloodle and the user data we collect. This will be published on our site shortly.
If you have any queries regarding Kloodle and the GDPR, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org